Northfield technicians have received specialized training to repair powered equipment to Original Equipment Manufacturer specifications. We service pneumatic equipment, battery operated handpieces and electric handpieces from manufacturers such as Stryker, Hall, Microaire, Linvatec, Midas Rex, Synthes, Dyonics, and Smith and Nephew.
Each piece of equipment we repair undergoes a thorough incoming evaluation, which includes both cosmetic and functional tests of:
- Proximal assemblies
- Distal assemblies
- Safety switches
- Control modules
- Electrical flexible circuit boards
- O-rings, seals and springs
- Complimentary disassembly of your equipment in order to provide an accurate repair estimate.
- Critical components are inspected for wear and tear as well as internal corrosion.
- Diagnostic checks include RPM (Revolutions Per Minute) and SPM (Strokes Per Minute) measurements that are compared to the OEM specifications.
- We restore handpieces and attachments that have been deemed obsolete and are no longer serviced by the OEM.
- Full inventory of distal accessories for all arthroscopic shavers, collets, and attachments to ensure proper locking and safety functions of distal end assemblies.
- Most repairs are completed within 24 hours after receiving approval.
- Repair capabilities for powered drills, drills/reamers, reciprocating saws, oscillating saws, sagittal saws, sternum saws, wire drivers, dermatomes, micro drills, micro saws, trauma drills, shavers, air hoses, pin collets, chucks, cast cutters, and dental handpieces.